Friday, March 26, 2010

Custom M.U.S.E....

I know I've posted these pics just about EVERYWHERE else...but I'm REALLY happy and proud of my work! (Besides that, I wanted a more permanent record of them. I'm actually planning on printing my blog one day... :) )

I was asked-and very honored-to create a logo and a custom web design for a hand made guitar about two weeks ago. Daniel, the master craftsman is 16 and he did ALL of the work on his own. I think he did an amazing job (and want him to design ME a guitar one day!)


This is the logo that I created for Daniel. I included the spider (which I LOVE!) as a surprise. I hope he likes it! This is done out of matte black adhesive vinyl. I designed the logo on the Gypsy and cut it with the Cricut. I LOVE Provo Craft...they have made my life SO much easier-and fun...and messy...and creative!


The ONLY instructions Daniel had for me was, "Cover it in spiderwebs!". I hope this is something like what he had in mind. I hand cut this out of the same black vinyl as the logo using an Exacto knife and LOTS of patience. I absolutely LOVE the contrast between the matte black vinyl and the satin finish of the guitar. This pic doesn't do it justice, but I swear, I was drooling a bit when I got it on. I chose adhesive vinyl for this project because the guitar will be played. Static vinyl is a great choice for guitars, but given the location of the largest web, Daniel's arm will be in almost constant contact with the design. I didn't want the web to budge!

I've had a few questions about how adhesive vinyl works...and if it could damage the surface of the guitars. My thought is, NO! It should NOT damage the surface/finish of your guitar. The adhesive vinyl I use is the kind made to go on walls, glass, ceramic, etc. I have NEVER seen it damage or harm any surface. This vinyl IS removable, but NOT reusable. Also, for matte or satin finish guitars, the static vinyl has a difficult time sticking-adhesive is the best bet. I have both adhesive and static vinyl on a few of my personal guitars and have NEVER had a problem! On the plus side, static vinyl is removable and reusable! :)
*For those who are interested, a job like this including a custom logo and a hand cut design sells for around $60 (depending on size, materials and time).
j

5 comments:

{B} said...

It turned out amazing! What time did you go to bed?! I love the logo. Good job my friend.

jonnajonna said...

THANK YOU!!! I went to bed around 2, but I wanted to post pics everywhere, first. This job took me about 3 hours.

custom Web design said...

Thanks for the posts we are the professional web design and development company offering an array of services like template customization,web designing, CMS solutions, eCommerce solutions, Search engine optimization and Internet marketing.
Custom Web design

rachel! said...

woowww! GOOD job! it looks so good! i love the logo and the work on the guitar is incredible! good job! and it only took you 3 hours?! woww. i'm impressed with the work you cut by hand. patience. such a good job!!

jonnajonna said...

Thank you, Rachel! I really enjoyed doing this. But the best part was the look on the guys face when he saw it! Priceless! :)