Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake...

Sofia Coppola is one of my favorite writer/directors.
Kirsten Dunst is a HUGE fave of mine. So is Jason Schwartzman.

Naturally, I fell in LOVE with Marie Antoinette some years ago. Who wouldn't?


"Marie Antoinette defied both royalty and commoner by living like a rock star..."


Inspired by the look and feel of the movie as well as the AMAZING soundtrack (I'm in love with songs, 'Opus 36' by Dustin O'Halloran, 'Ceremony' by New Order and 'The Melody of a Fallen Tree' by Windsor for the Derby) and Donna Downey's 'Inspiration Wednesdays' I went to work transforming an otherwise blah journal.

The movie is so rich with color (pink, cream, orange, teal, light blue, sea foam green, sepia...) and sparkles and layers upon layers of INTENSE texture. I wanted to see what would happen when I pushed myself so I used the lavish feel of the music and the history as a template and completely ignored my inner instinct when I felt it was time to stop layering and adding. (Once I felt that "need" I pushed it another FULL day-about 6 hours of watching the movie and listening the music and adding MORE!)

THIS was the result:











Over the top Kisses,

j