Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Vibration

I am THRILLED to share that 'Don't Panic' STUCK! I practiced my booty off and it all came together rather nicely! I get to work on my pick/muting, though. I mute just fine, but when it comes to picking during, I still sound a little awkward. (Why you ask? Don't know-all I know is THAT is what the damn problem was a couple of weeks ago. I just wasn't getting it...)
I'm working on 'New Vibration' by Collective Soul this week (and have earned 'Phasination Phase' by Carter Burwell as a reward of sorts. B said that I could have it as soon as it's written up...). As far as NV goes, I've got it on repeat now-to kind of pound it in. B called earlier tonight to see how it was coming, "You get that the chorus is minor pentatonic box 1, right?" "...Yeah..."


Haha...


I'm not sure exactly WHAT clicked with me, but I'm glad it did. I've had many talks with MANY people about my struggles and what seems to come insanely natural to me (but not usually to other beginners...) and have come to the conclusion that Guitar is an avenue for MANY life lessons. Interesting...

Anyway, I found out tonight that T.R.A.S.H. Book Club is set for next Tuesday-March 3rd! I'm excited! I haven't seen the T.R.A.S.H.ers since our Hopper's experience a couple of weeks ago AND we get to share our cupcakes! PERFECT for K the Older's birthday!
Tonight I took a new picture for the Book Club blog:


It includes ALL of the T.R.A.S.H. selections up to date, as well as a whole stash of my personal favorites (along with a few other fun things tucked in)!
I'm off now to read the book I'm currently in the middle of: The Serpents Tale by Arianna Franklin, finish practicing AND have a bath...
Here's to all things Dutch (that was a Christmas Toast from Cary Brothers that I LOVED-and it stuck) and to a PERFECT Friday filled with Paul Klee painting, a trip to Miss Greene's and Miss Dansie's STORE and quite possibly some cake in a cup...
-I love dragonflies...
j

No comments: