Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Diabetes Expo




Yesterday morning, at the crack of sunrise, I made my way to the South Towne Expo Center to attend the 2009 Diabetes Expo. Officially, I was there to take pictures of The Jon Dansie Band, answer questions, and to see friends that I've made over our two year friendship with the American Diabetes Association.

The guys of TJDB were asked to play a few acoustic sets during registration and to talk a little bit about Jon's life with diabetes. We made many new friends and contacts yesterday-and as always, everyone at the ADA was VERY happy! Check out http://www.thejondansieband.com/ for more info and pictures!




While there, I got my team: Team The Jon Dansie Band signed up and registered to participate in the Step Out to Fight Diabetes Walk on September 26th, 2009. As of today, we are a team of 7...and counting! Please join us! My personal goal is to raise $1,000 and have already picked up $35 of that. I haven't told the Team yet, but I would like us to aim HIGH! How about $10,000?! The BEST part is that you can be a part of our Team even if you have other plans on the 26th OR if you live out of town! I will be posting more info in the coming weeks and months-but I want you all to consider this as an open invitation. PLEASE ask your friends and join me in the Fight. Together, we can find a cure!

AND...I volunteered to be an end of line greeter/cheerer at this years Tour de Cure (also to raise money for a cure to diabetes) in Brigham City. I can't wait!

Also while there, I spoke with an Usborne Books rep and decided to have a home show. It is tentatively set for March 11th, but I think I may have to reschedule. More to come!




j




No comments: