Saturday, March 28, 2009

Angels...

Today for guitar lessons, B came to me...

The store he was teaching out of, The Acoustic Musician moved to a larger store in Union Square. (Same complex, MUCH more space...) Around the same time as their move, B and my dad, found ANOTHER space in Union Square that they are looking at to be the new home of Starchild Music Productions Guitar Instruction and Luthier Work. So, in the meantime, while papers are being signed and so forth, the guys are tweeking their schedules and being fabulous enough to make house calls.

We worked on Natural Minor Scales, Major Scales, and Minor Pentatonic Scale patterns as well as the three songs I'm currently smashing into one:

Alloway Grove by Paolo Nutini
Don't Panic by Coldplay
& Love and Some Versus by Iron and Wine

B said that I'm doing MUCH better than last week, (Really? YOU THINK?? Remember last week???) and that my transitions are getting smoother. I was pleased to hear that. Then came the, "Gee, Sis, remember to pull your wrist out and down...keep your thumb out and flat while fingerpicking...and...ease up on the pick..." (These are the SAME things he tells me every week, the same things that I remember for about 3 seconds the next time I pick up the Ovation and promptly forget, thus needing the weekly reminder. Yep.)

B also shared a Watermakers, a CD by the Dutch band Bløf. I've had the CD on while typing and have quickly found a favorite song: Engel Voor Een Dag. Best part? I could actually READ and UNDERSTAND the name!!! (Yes, I did Bablefish it to double check...) I did some digging and found the lyrics to the song on http://www.lyricsdownload.com/. Hope they don't mind me sharing...

Engel Voor Een Dag
Denk je dat het anders wordt
Als mijn engel
van me weggaat
Mij in stilte weer verlaat
Zoals ze is gekomen
Als
zilver in mijn zwak
Met maar één ding op haar hart
Dat ze gek werd
van verlangen
Om een tijdje rond te hangen
In het
dal van mij geloof
Ze cirkelt lieflijk om mijn hoofd
Maar ze laat zich nergens vangen
Zij is mijn engel voor één dag

Denk je dat ze lang zal blijven
Haar geduld zal overdrijven
Dat het haar wel schikt
Dat ze opwiekt van mijn schouder
Niet te laat maar wel wat ouder
Als een vogel die verschrikt
Of gewoon zomaar zonder reden
Zonder toekomst of verleden
Weer gaat vliegen naar de zon
Waar het einde ooit begon
Zij noemt dat altijd heden
Zij is mijn engel voor één dag

Ze is er nog maar net
En ik ben nu al bang
Voor de ruimte in mijn
bed
Want een engel blijft nooit lang
Alsof het altijd zo geweest is
Ligt ze naast me als een kat
En als ze weggaat zal het zijn
Alsof ik nooit iets anders had
Dan een engel voor één dag

'k Denk wel dat het anders wordt
Want een dag is veel te kort
Voor een engel om te sterven
En het stof is het bewijs
Het zilver wordt al langzaam grijs
Ook al heeft ze net staan verven

Maar ik kan er wel mee leven
Want wat mooi is duurt maar even
Dat is lang genoeg voor mij
Al ben ik stiekem toch wel blij
Dat ik haar snel heb opgeschreven
Mijn engel voor één dag

Zij is mijn engel voor één dag

Mijn engel voor één dag

Zij is mijn engel voor één dag

Na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na

Zij is mij engel voor één dag
Fun, right!?!
Here's a rough translation provided by http://www.altavista.com/ (a FANTASTIC online translator!)
Angel For A Day
You think that it becomes differently
If my angel of me leaves
Me in silence leaves Such as them has come
As silver in my weakness
With but one thing on its heart
That them crazy person became of desire
To hang around a spell In the valley of me belief
She circles melodious my head but she can be caught nowhere
They is my angel for one day
You think that she will remain long
Its patience will exaggerate That it arranges her, however,
That them opwiekt of my shoulder
Not late but what parent As a bird which frightens
Or simply zomaar without reason
Executed without future or
Will fly to the sun
Where end started ever
She always calls that present
They is my angel for one day
She is there still but exactly
And I am now already frightened
For the space in my bed
Because an angel remains never long
As if it is always this way is
She lies beside me as a cat
And if she leaves it will be
As if I had never something else
Then an angel for one day ' k thinks, however,
that it becomes differently
because a day is much too short
For an angel to die
And the substance is the proof
Silver becomes already slowly grey
also already has them net stands paint
But I can live
Because what is beautiful but lasts just as
That is long enough for me Already
I am secretly nevertheless glad
That I its fast my angel have written down for one day
They is my angel for one day
My angel for one day
They is my angel for one day
After after after after
After after after after
She is me angel for one day
x,
j

No comments: