Saturday, April 4, 2009

Look What You've Done...

My love affair with JET continues.

Ever since Back Door Santa I've been hooked...happy and in love...mmmmm... I stumbled upon THIS little gem the other night and decided that it got to be my newest project for Guitar:
Look What You've Done







Mmmm...I love his voice...


Fabulous news! My lessons are now officially being held in the Starchild Music Productions Guitar Studios in Union Square! The guys-Jon, Floyd and Brandon are getting their rooms and work stations set up and ready while myself and Mom have been running to Ikea, printing pics, building and decorating for a week straight. Life is good...

So, today was my first lesson in the new building. While I was there, B was having a student of his sit in on his lessons because SHE will be teaching her own version of "Guitar Fundamentals" in the third Studio off and on throughout the week. She was taking notes on teaching techniques and answering questions B threw at her-to make sure she was ready to begin in a week or so. Sweet girl-but still intimidating. (I'm not a huge fan of playing in front of people, you know...) AND, the man from our alarm co. was in laying wire and drilling holes. I got to get up and move halfway through my lesson so he could do B's room and when I had about 10 minutes left, I got to have a quickie lesson in HOW to make the alarm not go off when I get to the Studios alone. (Scary-I need another lesson...)


It's also been decided that while I'm not at Liberty or at school, I get to hang out at Starchild to do a couple of things. I'd like to start a mag of sorts talking about the services and products we offer (SWEET deals are occurring left and right for Starchild!) as well as doing write-ups on locals bands that also take lessons from the guys, doing a bit of advertising, etc. Not sure all it will include, what it will be called or what it will end up looking like, but a vision has started to form! ALSO, I am in the works of getting things ready to have my own line of sterling silver jewelry for the rockers. I will be able to do custom orders, one of a kind pieces as wells as limited editions of amazing pieces.
More to come on jonnajonna for Starchild!

j


*Back to my audacious adventures...I've taken some pics of my practice time. These were taken while working on Iron and Wine's Love and Some Verses...



Yes...they hurt...

No comments: