Saturday, August 21, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

San Francisco...

I love you. 

Whole heartily.  I didn't want to leave!  I loved the food (TONY'S, STELLA'S, THAT GELATO JOINT (!?!), ZA PIZZA, SUSHI!!!), the atmosphere, the way it smelled... The three days I was there with Court and Colette were, literally, the best three days of the summer...

We were told many times that we were lucky-
NO FOG!
From what we were told, it was a very rare few clear days.

On Chestnut...I think...  Just after we walked past the model shoot.
Alcatraz looks so little...

Lombard Street!!!

The view of Lombard and surrounding from the top of Coit Tower.

I LOVE that Peter and Paul get to share...


Views from our fantastic ferry ride.  It was SO cold and windy!


This is taken inside Alcatraz...
I can't imagine being inside and knowing that freedom was so close...

The Social Hall was destroyed by a fire during the Native American occupation of Alcatraz.
It was my favorite building on the island.

(A BIG) Breakfast at Dottie's

In front of Grace Cathedral in Nob Hill-one of the Scavo twins (from Desperate Housewives) took this picture of us.  :)
*You can't tell how freakin happy Courtney is, can you...

The Ghiberti Doors

Darwin E. Coon
Alcatraz inmate # 1422 from 1959-1963
He was in the Alcatraz gift shop signing his biography-so I bought one...
...for Father's Day...

Our friend "David" the Coit Tower elevator operator.
"Welcome to my office..."

I seriously love this picture of the three of us.  :)

I absolutely LOVED Wicked!
It was GORGEOUS!!!

The chocolate ice cream at Ghirardelli was SO super tasty!

Alcatraz was my FAVORITE part of the trip. 
I loved it, and now, I'm kind of obsessed with it's history...


Girls, THANK YOU SO MUCH for such an amazing trip! 

Much Love,

j

3 comments:

court-court said...

Oh love it!! I am excited to see you Monday!

Unknown said...

So many fun memories!

jonnajonna said...

Seriously, I LOVED it! You guys are the best! :) I can't wait until next June... YAY!